Full Job Description
CPA firm in Temecula has an immediate opening for a full-time Tax Associate.
We are a full-service public accounting firm that offers the best of two worlds - our management team has “Big 4” roots, but we operate with a “small firm” personality. We focus on privately-owned companies that may need assistance navigating the ever-changing business landscape. We take time to get to know our clients, listen to their concerns and offer solutions tailored to their individual needs. We also value our employees and understand the importance of having a healthy work-life balance. By staying up-to-date with the latest technology, our employees can take advantage of flexible work schedules to better tend to family needs without sacrificing their career prospects. Our close client relationships and our commitment to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all team members, are the building blocks to our success.
Role of Tax Associate
The Tax Associate will:
- Become proficient in individual, fiduciary, partnership, and corporate tax return preparation as well as research projects, tax projections and various consulting engagements. The successful candidate will also get exposure to entry-level auditing procedures during certain periods of the year.
- Understand and effectively utilize our firm’s software and technology
- Assist with the research of technical questions that may arise during the course of an engagement and work collaboratively with the tax department to generate appropriate documentation
- Attend continuing education programs and receive the necessary on-the-job training needed to succeed
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
Ideal candidates will have 1-2 years previous public accounting or related industry experience. Recent college graduates and individuals working toward certification are encouraged to apply. Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- CPA certification (or actively in the process of obtaining)
- Strong computer and technical skills, with proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, including
Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime, as needed
- Well-organized and capable of working independently on multiple assignments or engagements
- Creative problem-solving and research skills
- Demonstrates fairness, respect for others and high degree of professionalism
- Emerging leadership, project management and team building skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range up to $58,500, commensurate with experience
- 401(k) and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Minimum 15 personal days off and 8 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Reimbursement for professional membership and license fees
- Paid training and continuing professional education
- Reimbursement for CPA review courses
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform servicemember status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
In California, the following also are a protected class: race; religious creed; color; national origin; ancestry; physical disability; mental disability; medical condition, including genetic characteristics; genetic information; marital status; sex; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions or breast feeding; perceived pregnancy; actual or perceived gender; gender identity or expression (including transgender); sexual orientation; service in the military forces of the State of California or of the United
States; military and veteran status; lawful conduct occurring during nonworking hours away from company premises; age [40 or over]; and citizenship status. Included in the definition of each protected category is the perception of membership in a protected category and an individual’s association with an actual or perceived member of a protected category.
Americans with Disability
The ADA prohibits disability discrimination in the full range of employment and personnel practices, such as recruitment, hiring, rates of pay, promotions, and selection for training. To be protected by the
ADA, an individual must have a disability, and the individual must be qualified to perform the essential functions of the job in question, with or without a reasonable accommodation by the employer.
In addition to protecting individuals with disabilities, the ADA prohibits an employer from discriminating against an applicant or employee who has a known association with an individual with a disability.
The ADA requires that employers provide reasonable accommodation for the known disability of a qualified individual, unless to do so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business (42 USC 12102et seq.). An employer is not required to provide reasonable accommodation to an individual who meets the definition of "disability" under the law only because he or she is "regarded as" having a disability (42 USC 12201(h)).
“Reasonable accommodation” is any change or adjustment to a job or work environment that permits a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy benefits and privileges of employment equal to those enjoyed by employees without disabilities.
We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, notify the organization so we can initiate the accommodation processes. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $58,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
To apply, please visit https://www.indeed.com/job/tax-associate-896429c47e9ec90a
Please check our Careers Page on indeed for additional/future openings.